WELCOME

Thanks for stopping by (OMG I WAS NOT EXPECTING YOU), how gracious of you. Um...so, welcome to shyguy. Feel free to look at my posts on being shy, getting over it, famous shy people, outlets, and much more. (I hope you love every entry and I secretly get famous).


If you have two minutes, look and listen to the video of Shy Ronnie. I'm sure if you've found this blog , you've been in his footsteps before. I have...and yes I've peed my pants in elementary school...in front of class.

Search This Blog

Thursday

shy model


i had the chance to interview a model who is a full time student and participates in new york fashion week, and asked her about runway modeling and photo shoots. she really enjoys modeling but she struggles with direction sometimes. she told me that majority of the people she has worked with are not as fierce as their shots. a lot of them deal with insecurities brought about by the industry itself. "you would be shocked", she tells me.
i attended a photo shoot after i interviewed her to see what she meant first hand. this was a different kind of shy. it was shy in the sense of getting comfortable with the poses and direction, but they weren’t shy in the sense of speaking out when they disagreed with something. i know i would have probably just did the shoot and complain about it later.
this story gives us all something to take away. if we don’t like it, its ok to say no, especially if it’s in an industry when your name(face) is on it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment